this is a glass material study.
I found almost the same effect on the internet and tried to reproduce it using blender.
The logo is a RSS symbol for internet.
what I learned :
- I used 8 different materials in total. (bevels are surprisingly almost black)
- I used a white empty background and black horizontal bars on the left hand side (out of view from camera) for them to reflect onto the glass
- I used the 'translucency filtering' on the blue to intensify color
- 2 soft lights, one at the front, the other at the back, this one makes for the blue tint on the floor
- floor is a quad in 'shadow only' mode. An alpha gradient was used for edge fade-off
it took me 3 hours for scene setup and
30 min of rendering
hoping that you'll like it.